How we care for the environment
For the last 73 years, Marler Haley’s products have provided sound and sustainable display solutions. Right from the beginning our products have been engineered to be used again and again. Testament to the longevity of our products is the high quantity of Marler Haley equipment still in daily use after 25 years or more.
Even at the end of a long and useful life our products continue to be environmentally sound as they are manufactured using 80% recyclable material.
A Culture of Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
We believe that our continued success is due to our great people and our strong culture. We value the ethical and long-term perspective. This perspective includes the desire to make environmental considerations central to the way Marler Haley does business in the 21st century.
Instead of conforming to a one-off tick-box exercise to prove we're doing the minimum we'd need to say that we care for the environment, we use an environmental roadmap.
Our roadmap ensures we continually review and improve our environmental practices and makes sure we go above and beyond where we need to be as a business.
In 2017/18, we were awarded with a silver award, noting our progress along the environmental roadmap that we follow along with a number of international businesses.
Kicking off 2019 with our new eco-friendly range
We’ve kicked off 2019 launching a brand new eco-friendly displays range.
This new range includes the same high quality displays we’ve always produced, only now they feature recyclable eco-friendly graphics.
The benefit of recyclable graphics is nearly all your display can now be recycled instead of being thrown away as general waste.
The Green Award Finalists
We've been shortlisted into the final of the SME Northamptonshire Business Awards 2019! This year, we're hoping to win The Green Award.
For all the latest news and updates, just search the hashtag #SMENorthants on Twitter.
New recycling scheme
Complementing our new eco-friendly displays range is our refreshed recycling scheme.
Depending on the type of display you have, there’s a recycling option to take advantage of, including free recycling for eco-friendly displays.
Customers returning old displays will also be rewarded with £10 credit per item for use on future eco-display orders.
For full details and terms, please see our recycling scheme page.
Here are our ten environmental objectives:
- 1. Management Leadership and Direction
- To protect the environment by establishing goals, and integrating environmental considerations into routine working methods at appropriate levels, providing resources, guidance and accountability for staff
- 2. Environmental Impact and Risk Mitigation
- To understand and minimise the effects that the company has on the environment, and manage them to reduce impact.
- 3. Environmental Improvement Objectives
- To monitor and progressively reduce the company's impact on the environment by establishing targets and improvement plans.
- 4. Staff Involvement and Communication
- To help staff understand how their actions impact the environment and how they are able to make improvements in methods and products.
- 5. Energy Efficiency
- To minimise the impact on the environment caused by energy consumption and reduce the use of fossil fuels.
- 6. Waste Management
- To reduce the amount of raw material used, recycling wherever practical and reducing the environmental impact of waste.
- 7. Procurement Strategy
- To reduce the environmental impact of purchased goods and services.
- 8. Compliance with Legislation
- To act responsibly within the community and avoid prosecution.
- 9. Carbon Footprint
- To measure and understand the overall impact the company has on the climate and be able to plan methods of reducing it.
- 10. Overall Effectiveness and Review
- To periodically ensure that methods used to achieve the desired environmental goals are effective.