Why is it called step and repeat?
Step and repeat is simply a repeated pattern, often logos that are placed on a backdrop for event photography.
Logos are presented in a straight line, with the same or alternating logos repeated across the width of the display.
The subsequent lines of logos will be indented so the pattern is staggered, although designs do differ – sometimes the logos can be aligned vertically as well as horizontally.
Ultimately, your design will be based on the size and shapes of logos used.
Where are step and repeat banners used?
Step and repeat banners are commonly used as photography backdrops at events, press conferences and trade shows.
You will also find them at red carpet events, press events, or used in backdrops for interviews at sporting events. We’ve even created a birthday party backdrop!
How to create your step and repeat backdrop
Looking to create your own logo backdrop? Just follow these steps:
- Alignment. Ensure all logos are aligned evenly, horizontally and vertically.
- Spacing. Give your logos plenty of space or ‘padding’ around the border. Don’t drown them out with multiple logos.
- Colour combinations. If you are using multiple logos, try using colours that complement each other – maybe try a collection of grayscale logos if there are too many colours.
Uploading print ready artwork
Do you have print ready artwork for your backdrop? Upload your print ready file on our artwork uploader, and we’ll match your upload to the order.
If there are any sizing or quality issues with your artwork, a member of the team will be in contact as soon as this is picked up.
Alternatively, you can make the most of our artwork services starting from £25 – just upload your logo/s and our in-house graphics team will create a print ready logo backdrop file designed to your requirements.
Why choose us for backdrop printing?
Printing is what we do best, and for nearly 73 years we’ve been producing high quality displays for businesses all over the world. Here’s why you should order your step and repeat banners from us:
- Dedicated account management
- Artwork design help
- Replacement graphics available
- Fast delivery for tight deadlines
- Premium quality print and graphics as standard
- 5 year hardware guarantees
Call us today on 0808 149 4657 to meet your account manager and see how we can help you.