Terms and Conditions
The following conditions of sale for the terms of any contract for the sale of goods by the Seller. No other terms or conditions shall be incorporated in such contract except as may be specifically agreed in writing by the Seller. All other terms proffered by the Buyer are hereby expressly excluded. Any acceptance of a quotation shall be an offer only and no binding contract shall be formed until acceptance by the Seller. Price will normally be maintained for 30 days from the date of quotation, but all the prices are subject to alteration without notice and the Seller reserves the right to withdraw any quotation without notice.
Unless otherwise stated all prices are quoted exclusive of packing, carriage and V.A.T., which will be charged at the rates appropriate at the date of the invoice from the Seller.
Unless otherwise agreed with the Seller, payment must be made cash order. If any goods or services are supplied on credit, the Seller reserves the right at its discretion to charge the Buyer interest on all sums due from the Buyer at a rate of 1.5% per month in respect of any month or part thereof in which such sums are outstanding after thirty (30) days from the date of the Seller’s invoice.
Any and all despatch dates quoted by the Seller are an estimate only and the Seller does not in any way warrant the delivery or ordered goods on any specific date. The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss howsoever suffered by the Buyer by any reason of any delay in delivery. Any and all claims by the Buyer for shortages or damaged or lost goods must be notified to the Seller within seven (7) days of delivery to the Buyer. Notification of non-delivery must be made within 17 days of the invoice date/tax point on the Seller’s invoice which is the despatch date for deliveries within Great Britain and within 20 days of that date for deliveries outside Great Britain.
4. RETURNS AND LIABILITIES
The Seller’s liability for defective goods and services shall be limited to the replacement or repair of defective goods or to the giving of a refund (said decision to be at the Seller’s sole opinion). Any claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification shall be notified to the Seller within 7 days from the date of delivery. If delivery is not refused, and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods. The Company shall have no liability for such defects or failure, and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract. The Seller shall have no liability for any consequential loss or damage howsoever incurred by the Buyer with regard to any goods or services supplied by the Seller, provided always that the Seller shall remain liable for death or personal injury resulting from the Seller’s sole negligence.
The Seller reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary any specification or design, and to supply goods and services which are in the sole opinion of the Seller equivalent to those offered or contracted to be sold to the Buyer. The Seller shall have the right to make a reasonable change in price in respect of any such variation or supply of an alternative to the Buyer. The Seller does not in any way guarantee that the colours advertised or represented will be the exact colour of the goods supplied. All descriptive and technical specifications, dimensions, drawings and advertising matter are approximate only and the Seller does not in any way warrant their accuracy or completeness.
Any failure by the Seller to enforce any of its rights under this contract shall not be taken as a waiver of any of the Seller’s rights hereunder.
(1) The Seller shall have the right to terminate this contract by notice upon the happening of any of the following events: (i) the performance of the Seller’s obligations hereunder is in the opinion of the Seller rendered impractical by reason of national emergency or the outbreak of hostilities, fire, strike, lookout, continuing unavailable of supplies or any other event or state of things outside the Seller’s control. (ii) if the Buyer (being other than a company) commits any acts of bankruptcy or if any petition or receiving order in bankruptcy be made against the Buyer or (being a company) has a receiver, administrator or manager appointed to the whole or any part of its assets or if a petition is presented or an order made or a resolution passed for the purpose of winding-up the Buyer (unless such order or resolution is part of a bona-fide scheme of reconstruction of the Buyer) or if the Buyer is acquired by or merges or amalgamates with another company. (2) The notice required under (1) above may be oral or in writing and if in writing shall be sufficient if sent by ordinary post to the Buyer’s last known address. (3) Any termination in accordance with this clause shall be without prejudice to any rights of the Seller accrued before termination.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The copyright and intellectual property rights in drawings, designs, specifications and ideas of the Seller shall remain the property of the Seller and such drawings, designs, specifications and ideas shall not be reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the Seller.
9. PASSING OF RISK AND PROPERTY
The risk in goods supplied will pass to the Buyer on delivery. All goods remain the property of the Seller until payment in full has been received by the Seller of all sums owed by the Buyer to the Seller at the time of delivery, whether in respect of goods then supplied or otherwise.
10. ORDERS TO BE IN WRITING
Except at the sole discretion of the Seller only orders made in writing will be accepted and acted upon
11. APPLICABLE LAW
The applicable law to this contract is the law of England and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.
12. SPECIAL OFFERS AND VOUCHER CODE
Only one special discount, offer or voucher code can be redeemed per order and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and discount. Special offers cannot be used in conjunction with multibuy savings nor on kit deals. Some offers may only be redeemed when discount codes are stated by phone or by email before the point of purchase. In order to redeem a voucher code on-line, the code must be entered in the cart at the point of purchase and will not be automatically deducted in the online cart unless otherwise stated on the product page. For more information, please contact Marler Haley.
13. FREE FLAG ARTWORK SERVICE
The free artwork service for our flag products is subject to Marler Haley having prior sight of your design requirements. The free artwork service typically extends to a full colour logo plus one colour background and includes one design change before production.
By submitting your review you represent and warrant that:
- you own or control the content of your review and it is your own original work;
- the content is not defamatory and does not infringe any applicable laws and
- the content is accurate, truthful and your own genuine opinion and
- you will indemnify and hold harmless Marler Haley for all damages, costs and expenses incurred for breach of these warranties.
We reserve the right not to publish reviews and to remove reviews from this website without notice after publication if they do not adhere to these terms and conditions.
15. 35% OFF BANNER FOR SCHOOLS AND CHARITIES
- 35% off banner and delivery available to UK mainland schools and charities.
- Only one application per school or charity.
- One 2x1m PVC banner is available or a Genesis banner stand.
- In exchange for a 35% off banner, you must mention that Marler Halay has provided you with the banner.
- If you do not have print ready artwork, you may use our free online custom banner design tool for no additional cost, or you can pay an excess for artworking services.
- Marler Haley reserve the right to withdraw the banner offer at any time at our discretion and refuse any application without reason.
- Offer is subject to availability and resource.
- Charities must be recognised and registered with an individual charity number. We reserve the right to decline a request for ethical reasons.
- Schools must have a valid DfE number.
- This offer is made in good faith to help you continue to do your work. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to not break these terms and conditions by altering the offer.
- By submitting your application you provide permission for Marler Haley to use details of your charity or school and/or event and any imagery in promotional activity online and in print.
- More information on how to apply for this offer can be found on our charity displays pages.
16. SURVEY PRIZE DRAW TO WIN AN IPAD MINI 2
One prize of an iPad Mini 2 is available.
- No cash alternative is available.
- The prize will be drawn at random on six-monthly basis.
- The winner will be notified by the email address given at the end of the survey.
- Any responses given will only be passed onto any third parties for processing purposes and any answers given will be used to improve and tailor our services.
- The prize winner must have a UK delivery address to be eligible to enter.
- If the prize winner does not reply within 10 working days of notification, an alternative winner will be drawn.
- Marler Haley reserves the rights to withdraw this prize draw at any time without discussion.
- No discussions will be entered into regarding the prize draw.
17. EMAIL SIGN UP
- If you provide us with personal information via our website, publications or surveys, we may use that information to send you updates on our latest products, services as well as hints and tips. By giving us your personal information, you consent to us processing your personal information.
- You can withdraw consent to receiving our email communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our marketing emails.