What is digital signage?
Any advertisement that is digitally displayed on a screen can be considered as digital signage. Whether you have a video, image or dynamic piece of media to advertise, digital signs and displays are ideal for displaying digital content.
Common examples of digital signage in action:
- Restaurant menu boards above counters
- Displaying promotional offers and messages in retail stores
- Brand and product advertising in shopping centres
- Educational videos in museums and libraries
- Visual or informative content in galleries and exhibitions
- Self-serving menus or ordering systems
- Information screens in receptions and medical facilities
Our digital display options include freestanding and wall mounted options. Be sure to check the product descriptions carefully to see which options are freestanding or wall mounted.
If you require more information, please give us a call on 0808 149 4657 or use our live chat system during working hours.
So why go digital? There are plenty of benefits when it comes to using digital signage...
8 benefits of using digital signage
- Ability to advertise 24/7 with digital signage. Your digital advertisements can be on show all day, every day - and what's more, specific adverts can be shown at times that suits the advert best.
- Freedom to display what you want, when you want. Reviews, client photos, your company twitter feed, restaurant menu, weather feed, fun facts, product demonstrations… the list is endless.
- It’s super easy to replace content. There’s no print time to hold you back. Content can be uploaded and set live in seconds (if you know how your digital sign works).
- Replacing and updating content only costs you time, not money. If you’re creating the content in house, there’s no extra financial cost of updating content, just your time.
- Digital signage allows you to display educational and informative content effectively. With the freedom to display videos and more dynamic content compared to a static photo or image on a poster, you have the power to better educate consumers and visitors on your brand, product or service.
- There’s potential to generate money from third party advertisements on your display. If you’re planning on using digital signs in high traffic areas such as shopping centres, it’s likely to be a sought-after area to advertise in.
- Digital signage doesn’t have to be just visual. With added sound to your content, you’re appealing to one more of the five senses. Engaging with visitors by appealing to the five senses will result in a better chance of making a sale.
- The ability to use touch screens can enable customers to self serve and allow employees to use their time more effectively. This is already evident with popular retailers and food outlets. By reducing the level of staff involvement needed in situations digital signage can assist with, you're allowing for a more productive workforce.
With or without screens?
If you’re planning to use your own screen on a digital display, we have plenty of products to choose from that can be supplied without screens.
Equally, there are plenty of screen included options if you’re looking for a full display package.
See which products comes with or without screens below:
|Digital sign products
||Screen option available?
|Digital A-Board Sign
|Digital Totem Display
|Double Sided Digital Totem Display
|Slim Digital Totem Display
|46" Digital Screen Holder
|Angled Digital Screen Holder
|Wheeled Digital Screen Display
|Digital Wall Panel
|Digital Screen Holder - Floor to Ceiling
Some screens can also have touch foil applied on request to allow for touch screen functionality. Branding and different colour options may also be available. For more touch screen options and information on these extras, please call us to find out more.
How to upload content
Uploading content will be solely dependent on the screen you use. Depending on the screen that is used, software will vary and so, the methods of inputting your digital content.
If using your own AV screen, please refer to its instructions or manual.
For our digital signs that come with screens – most feature USB or WiFi enabled connectivity. Please note, it’s important to refer to each product page individually for compatibility options.
Important to know
Worried about overheating? Most signs we offer have self-cooling systems or internal fan cooling to keep your screens working in temperatures up to 40 degrees Celsius.
As well as this, most display stands feature lockable cases for added protection. We highly recommend contacting us before purchasing a digital display - to check the compatibility of the screen, lead times and extra information.
For custom requests, turnaround times may take longer than standard lead times.
Why choose Marler Haley for digital signage?
We’re specialists in displays, and our amazing team of experts have unrivalled knowledge in the industry.
As well as having your very own dedicated account manager to help from queries and information to delivery and assembly, you can also expect from us:
- Friendly and helpful service Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Fast turnaround times when you need it most
- High quality digital displays
Have we missed something out? For more information or custom enquires on our digital range, please give us a call today on 0808 149 4657 or use our live chat system during working hours.